Monday, December 15, 2008

Brands on Twitter

I wrote a response to a post on Mashable.com about brands on Twitter. I disagreed with the writer's POV. Mashable did a fantastic job with my response.







Read it here.

As a supplement, there is a great New York Times article by Randall Stross about the trouble many brands are having marketing on Social Media.

No wonder they're having a problem on Facebook. They don't have any good ideas.

@AdamIss sent out this response to that New York Times article. "I have been saying these things for two years now…no one wants to be a friend of laundry detergent."

Sure if you put it like that, it makes sense. I don't want to be friends with a newspaper either but I am on twitter. And on facebook I'm friends with a dead Cubism artist and a fictional character. People also throw "snowballs" and "80's memorabilia" at me all the time. Too much in fact. So laundry detergent can find SOME way to be relevant, can't it?

No comments: