Thursday, April 17, 2008

Anyone? Brains? Ben Stein? Anyone?

Mostly famous to Generation X for his role as a monotone teacher in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and known to this new generation of whatchamacallits as the voice of a Pixie in the great cartoon, "The Fairly OddParents," Ben Stein is pimping a film that basically blames Charles Darwin for the Nazi's disregard for life, and wants America to continue to give ID a chance as an alternate theory to Evolution. WTF? I always thought he was crazy but now I see that he's nuts.

The more I learn about Ben Stein, the more I just want him to be some two-bit actor in some 80s movie--oh wait he was. I never realized how the role in Ferris Bueller was a parody of himself. I used to read his column on Yahoo Finance but now I can't because the more I read the more I disliked his views. What's worse is I used to love "Win Ben Stein's Money."

Now with the movie Expelled, supposedly an intelligent discourse on why ID has been kept out of the school system in favor of Darwinism is a travesty. I can't believe we are still having this conversation.

The movie uses a tagline that reads, "Big Science has expelled smart ideas from the classroom. What they forgot is that every generation has it's Rebel!"

What it should read is: "Big Science has expelled smart ideas from the classroom. What they forgot is that every generation has too many Right Wing Nut Jobs!"

Bleech!

Read all about it in an article called, "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed--Scientific American's Take." or this one here about six things Ben Stein doesn't want you to know. Or "Ben Stein's Expelled: No Integrity Displayed."

No comments: